Mixed feelings about the new bell schedule

Students have their own opinions on this years bell schedule. The schedule leaves some students with a dislike, a like and just plain confusion over it.

Quinn Musser, Junior says “pretty dope” while comparing it to his old school Golden Sierra’s schedule. They had the same length lunch of thirty minutes at former school Golden Sierra but Quinn comments “45 min would be a good amount for lunch.” He adds “Way better I love this school.”

“I like it” Amber Koch, Freshmen says. Amber would also like a 45 minute lunch instead of the regular 30 minutes given. Adding “9:00 is when school should start.” “But not earlier than 7:55!” Amber shared that it was and easy schedule to adjust to from E.V. Cain, except “1 hour and 30 min classes is a very long time.”

While some student have an overall like for the bell schedule some not so much.

“No, I’m confused about it” states Michael Valdez, Junior. “All different times” comparing it to last years schedule. Michael would also like a longer lunch of around 50 minutes. “Kids need that break.” “With AP classes, all that work, and stress we need a time to relax” he shares. While having his dislikes he did state “I like the later start because I can get the help needed with homework in the morning and extra time to hangout with friends.” To wrap it up Michael says “I’d be cool with this schedule a lot more if we could cut out breaks and add it to lunch.”

Another student Sabrina Viscuso, Junior shares “A little bit kind of” when it comes to the liking of the schedule. “I want times to be normal, start on the hour or half hour” says Sabrina. Also adding “don’t like lunch it’s later and shorter!” Sabrina “Lunch should be 45 to 50 minutes.” Sabrina does add a comment about the 10 minute passing periods rather than last years 8 minutes “I like it, more time to get to class.”

Many students have their own opinions on the bell schedule but I think it’s safe to say students would prefer a longer lunch and later start. The schedule will never satisfy everyone but it is what it is and we have to adjust to it for now. Students will still have mixed feelings about the schedule, while others could care less but this is what they have to work with for the time being.