Placer 2010 Homecoming themes

Homecoming week: something that everyone looks forward too. We all can’t wait, especially for the dress up days. But this year, some of the dress up days are not excellent.

Monday is Toy Box Day, where some are excited for, while others just think its plain stupid.

“I would dress up as either a power ranger or a ninja,” said Junior Cameron

Ederer.

Ederer is extremely excited for Toy Box Day, stating the he liked it the most out

of the homecoming dress up days. Toy Box Day seems exciting, but that’s a day suited for Halloween.

“It’s not unoriginal to me,” stated Junior Elijah Bolas.

A couple year ago was Little Kid Day. Toy Box Day and Little Kid Day are very similar. Toy Box Day is worse than Hair Gel and Mustache Day. A possible better day would have been Ninja Day, or Halloween Day.

Tuesday is Color Day, where the school dresses up for each color that was assigned to every class.

“Sophomores have silver, and that’s so lame,” commented sophomore Stephanie Sykora.

Silver was used as a class color for the juniors two years ago, and it seems the

same colors are reused every few years. Not very many people are happy with their class color.

“I’m not very fond of purple, but I’m up for the challenge because we can handle it,” expressed junior Jasmine Edwards.

There are millions of colors in the world, and yet colors are being used again? The juniors have purple where that was also used two years ago by the sophomore class. Of course, freshman get gold, or yellow, whichever color they choose to dress up in as they are considered similar.

Powder Puff teams are also dressing up on that day, as navy blue for cops or fire engine red for firefighters. Some seniors are psyched for it, while others aren’t.

“They’re okay. I wanted Secretary vs. Librarians,” stated Senior Matt Norcott.

That sounds a little more interesting, but also hard to dress up for color wise. Some people have noticed that the colors are related to the gang colors, red and blue.

“It could [cause something gang related], people probably wear gang related stuff on that day,” expressed Senior Emma Carter.

A conflict could happen, but its more likely that seniors will go over the top wearing so much red or blue gang like bandanas. It doesn’t seem as much as an issue as some people think.

Wednesday is Feather and Fur Day, a day where everyone seems to like the least.

“Feather and Fur is the stupidest day I’ve ever heard of,” strongly expressed Andrew Dahlin.

Though it seems like a funny thing to see people dressed up in with feather and fur, it is stupid and pointless. But everyone wanted an original day.

“Everyone was complaining last year that the homecoming themes were being reused. Feather and Fur has never been used by Placer. It is original,” stated Jonathon Adams.

Feather and Fur was brought among us by us. We complained and look what it got us. A horrible dress up day and a lot of people in full feather suits. Yes, they do exist. Same with an all fur suit which were popular a few decades ago.

Thursday is the day everyone liked the most, closely followed by Toy Box Day.

“Juniors are New York New York and I was excited about that,” said Junior Class President Kendall Odom.

Vegas Hotel Day, where the freshman are Stratosphere, sophomores are Treasure Island, juniors are New York New York, and seniors are Caesar’s Palace. Two are original but one of them is difficult, one has been used before in a different way and by the same class, and one was used for a powder puff theme two years ago. Caesar’s Palace is a very simple and easy way to dress up for.

“I would wear a toga and appropriate accessories,” stated Senior Holly Hopkins.

Seniors can just put on a bed sheet and call it a toga. That will be a simple way to dress up as for Caesar’s Palace. Few years ago a dress up day was Salad Dressing Day, and seniors had Caesar’s Salad Dressing. They were dressed in either a toga or as a gladiator. These are recycled dress up days.

Our homecoming days are odd, strange, some stupid, some not, and one so stupid its original. Homecoming is something we look forward to, but it would make it even more fun if the dress up days were better. With powder puff, the RPS tournament, rallies, homecoming court, homecoming football game, and the dance which is Casino Royal this year, the dress up days aren’t as great as some in the past.