Typhoon Yolanda

In the Philippines, a super typhoon cause horrific tragic, and was the cause of 10,000 deaths. Typhoon Yolanda is strongest storm ever recorded.  A typhoon known as Super Typhoon Yolanda. At least 86,000 people are currently in the Philippines and need to be evacuated. These people have no homes, little food and water if any at all.

Communities have been destroyed, landslides, and flash floods have affected these people. Families have been separated; some even disappeared altogether, not knowing if they survived. Families have to hope that their loved ones will be ok. Elders, parent’s even children missing in the damage. The typhoon Yolanda had winds at winds of 195 mph and some to above 290 mph, the winds literally tearing children away from their parents.

Food and water is the main issue if people managed to survive the typhoon. People need to donate to help these families and children who have been affected. Canned food, water, clothing or even donating money to help buy things necessary to help the people affected by the typhoon can mean a lot. The world bank group has even gotten a loan of 50 million dollars to help the reconstruct the areas affected by the Typhoon, it was a emergency loan requested by the Philippine government.

Donating to a local group, such as a red cross or even starting your own donation group at placer high can help. There also is a Super Typhoon Yolanda campaign, which are taking donations to help the Philippines. Convoy of Hope’s Global Disaster Response Team is donating goods such as hygiene products, canned food and filtration units. Reaching out to help is easier than you think; contacting these groups or a local red cross can help benefit the families who were greatly affected by the typhoon. There are a lot of groups donating, you just need to find the one you like, such as donating canned goods you don’t need. Just donating a couple dollars can help these people who have been affected by typhoon Yolanda.

The real question here is what can we do to help these people? Donating to Red Cross or other groups can help. However, as a whole auburn could help by raising money to donate to these groups. Just by getting the idea of donating and helping, truly benefits these people. Even one person can help, donating the necessities that are needed to help the people survive.