Placer mourns the loss of cafeteria worker, Debra Foree

Debra Foree with her usual smile.

Debra Foree, who worked as a Placer High School cafeteria lady for eight years, passed away this past June by complications from her gastric bypass surgery that she had five years ago. Co-worker Lila McAllister described her as “Life of the party”.
Debra was known and loved by many students and staff at Placer High School. Senior Ciara Ferrand states she was close to Debra and always looked forward to seeing her on Ferrand’s good and bad days.

“She made me smoothies on my bad days, and always said hello to me, which always cheered me up”, quoted Ferrand. Placer High English teacher and football coach, Mike Sabins, who was also relatively closely to Debra.

When asked what she was like as a person, he responded, “She was such a great lady, always willing to help anyone and was great with kids and always put them first”. Ferrand also adds, “She was a wonderful person, there are no words to describe her, she was a gentle, kind, warm-hearted person, who sometimes had a strict side, but that rarely showed up”.
”Debra loved cooking…it was her passion. She was always making any plain foods fun and special,” McAllister proclaimed.

“She had that gourmet touch…” Marcene Rossiter stated. She was always volunteering to do helpful things for our school and other schools as well.

“Debra always liked being in charge of cooking food for the football team”, says Diane Barber, another co-worker of Debra.
The cafeteria ladies agreed that their favorite memory with Debra was Halloween. Halloween was claimed to be her favorite holiday: her and the other women dressed up as prom queen ghouls.

“I had put fake blood on my face, and Debra came up to me and said, ‘You need more fake blood on here.’ She was so into it”. Astelle Cleere exclaimed.
The cafeteria women called her “The Boss.” She was a strong addition to the cafeteria staff: she put in the time and the skills with all her cooking.

“Her talent and contribution to cooking will be deeply missed, as well as her soups…they were the best,” Barber stated.

The ladies in the cafeteria all agreed that it is not as fun without her there. Debra Foree will be deeply missed here at Placer High School. Her loss is felt all around the campus, from the students to the coaches to the teachers to the cafeteria ladies. This lovely lady will be missed dearly.