When it comes to Placer, appreciate what you have before its taken away

A student’s perspective on transferring school mid year

Going into Placer High and leaving just eleven weeks in as a ninth grader is not the typical expectation of a new student. But that was my reality, once again.

Being an eighth grader coming into high school is one of the most memorable experiences. It is a time when you create high expectations and see if they live up to its realism. Going into a new school you look forward to that exciting feeling in your stomach of a new start. 

Going into high school is the moment when you know everything is about to change in all factors for the better. Having that mindset is almost one of the best feelings you can get as a teenager. You know you’re growing up but now it’s time to put that to the absolute test.

Creating bonds with the staff, and experiencing all the things Placer has to offer, I will always cherish.

— Harley Carbone

Walking into Placer on the first day is definitely a core memory I probably won’t ever forget. The first day as a high schooler is the same for most incoming freshmen.  You are struggling to find your classes, trying to memorize all your teacher’s names, and deciding where to go at lunch.

But the best part is definitely the realization that things won’t be the same anymore. You as a person realize you are responsible for everything you do now. Even when you were in middle school you were responsible. But now you are responsible for everything you bring to the table as a high schooler. You are preparing for the real world since you are only four years from being a graduate.

Enjoying school is definitely not how the majority of people feel in high school, but I’d say that is the complete opposite. When I walk onto campus I am not dreading the moment of being here. I’m looking forward to seeing my community, talking to amazing teachers, and figuring out how I learn best with them.

When you genuinely like your teachers, your time spent in those classes will make it impressively more enjoyable. Not to mention how much better you will work with them including how much work you will get done.

Creating bonds with the staff, and experiencing all the things Placer has to offer, I will always cherish.   I can’t forget to mention the beauty of the campus.  All of these reasons are what make Placer High a bigger attraction to me and the reason why I prefer not to transfer. 

As I get ready to leave, I’m really appreciative of what I have here at Placer. Students and people in general never realize how good they have it until they don’t experience it anymore.

Finding out you have to leave the place you are most successful in is definitely a situation you don’t ever want. Leaving your community, friends, and memories you made will be tough, but looking forward to the new life you will have transferring to a new school opens a new door to new opportunities.