Preparing for rallies proves to be an intensive process

A lot of planning takes place to put on a rally than one may think. It begins with the leadership class planning what activities will be used and played during the events.
Leadership students plan the rallies days in advance to have more time and preparations.
“We usually start preparing about a week before,” stated Jalen Lewis, Rally emcee.
Firstly, students begin by discussing what fellow peers would be interested in seeing. They also take into consideration what sports need to be recognized. Every sport gets acknowledged and every player walks out with their team. They also plan all of the activities that students participate in whether they are embarrassing or just fun.
Aside from all the planning, leadership students have to execute those ideas. They have to contact people who are in the rally, the outsiders and the students. For example if they have a game planned with student participation, the students involved need to be told, and be prepared.
Rally days are the most frantic; it’s when it all happens. Lewis said that he spends a lot of time preparing; on the day off, he said that he usually spends half of first period and all of second.
The leadership students have responsibilities on rally days as well. For example, during homecoming week students decorate the gymnasium the night before. The next day, students need to check up and make sure all the decorations are still intact and on the wall and still look good. If decorations have been destroyed or fall off the wall, its puts an extra load on the person in charge.
“Last year during homecoming on Green and Gold day I walked into the gym and someone had stuck gum on our decorations and was freaking out,” said sophomore class president Ema White.
During the rallies, Lewis has many responsibilities.
“I have to address the crowd, organize the order and make sure transitions go smooth,” he said.
Because of all that takes place, most students at the rally enjoy watching it and have fun.
“My favorite rally of homecoming week is the one on Tuesday, the Color Day rally. I love to watch the color dances because they’re so funny,” White said.
Overall, people in leadership work hard to bring the student body a fun and exciting rally.