Kendall Odom gets involved around campus

There seems to be a growing trend of “getting involved” in high school, and a shining example is Placer High senior Kendall Odom. Some students are involved in a club or a sport, but Odom is involved in many.

“I’m ridiculously organized,” stated Odom. “I love what I do, so it’s worth it.” Odom explained.

As lieutenant governor for Key Club, Odom has devoted many hours of her time serving the community.

“I don’t sleep that much because of my schedule,” Odom said. “I set aside time to do everything I enjoy doing.”

Odom, who is also team captain for the dance team and a devoted member of the varsity swim team has found herself dedicating many hours to a club she didn’t take seriously at first.

“I joined my freshman year,” Odom tells. “I went to the first meeting for the free pizza, and then realized it sounded interesting, and decided to join for the community service.” Odom says.

Odom is loyal to Key Club and since she is at a high rank, she gets to do things she enjoys doing for Key Club.

“I get to travel a lot, go to monthly events with all clubs in the area, and help other clubs when they need the help.” Odom quoted.

Since joining, Odom witnessed the club grow from when she first joined.

“I think key club is successful, because when I joined the club was small, but now it’s grown into this bigger club.” Odom explains.

Odom missed her sophomore year with Key Club, but came back her junior and senior year.

“The journey was inspiring, I went to District Convention my sophomore year.” Odom reported.

Odom has undoubtedly taken a shine to Key Club, both at Placer and on a national level. While part of her job is presumed to be recruiting new members, she realizes that the experience is unique, and that not every one will feel the same about the club. Nonetheless, she is an advocate of the program, as the benefits far outweigh the cons.

“Key club isn’t for everyone, but I definitely think a lot of students should join because it helps you meet other students. It helps lower classmen meet upperclassmen, gets you involved in community service, and makes you feel good to do community service with friends.” Odom tells.

Odom manages her schedule well. Odom still manages to recruit new members and enjoys being involved with Key Club.