Leadership Behind Homecoming Week

It’s that time of year again: Homecoming week. Spirit days, multiple rallies, exciting football games, and, of course, the homecoming dance. But what makes this homecoming week so special? The group of leadership kids who make it all happen. They put in hours, days weeks and even months to make all of this possible.

“We have been talking about homecoming for about a month now. It wasn’t hard to think of the theme or the ideas for homecoming week but it was kind of hard to get the administration to allow some of the ideas we wanted, so we had to rethink a lot of it,” senior Angela Archer stated.

The leadership class has been brainstorming ideas since the beginning of summer and has spent a majority of this month finalizing their ideas.

“I feel like it is definitely more organized, and we are more ready than last year because it has taken four months to really get everything together and ready to start moving forward”. Leadership teacher, Jonathon Adams adds. For those 4 months during summer, they brainstormed long and hard for great ideas, themes, etc.

It is expected that this year’s homecoming will be better, more fun and more unique.

“We are judging it differently and making sure that a lot of people will participate in activities and choosing different groups of people for the games at the rallies”, senior class president Hannah Peterson stated.

The decorations at the dance and at the rallies are also expected to be a hit.

“The dance decorations are going to be really cool. We are going to have legit blackjack and poker tables with professional card dealers there,” Archer shared.

Additionally, leadership is decorating the front wood wall of the bleachers and the back wall for each class and is going to make it colorful and creative.

“For the back wall decorations, we are having kids all around Placer who are artistically talented to paint murals to put up” commented Peterson.

Leadership is really encouraging students all over Placer to get involved in this years homecoming by handing out brochures to all students informing them of the dress-up days. Leadership also put on a fashion show to give students ideas on what to wear on the spirit days.

What leadership wants is for students to be excited and involved in homecoming week by dressing up, being loud at rallies, and participating in games during lunch and at rallies because it really brings the school together. The bigger the participation the better than years before.

Many students in the Leadership class are going through a lot of stress trying to make homecoming week bigger and better.

“There is so much stress, especially on the president and vice president, like myself, because there hands down more responsibility,” Peterson stated.

The Powder Puff team will also be attention-grabbing. More than half of the senior class is participating in the tradition of Powder Puff “Cops vs. Fire Fighters” is expected to be a great match with the participation of many senior girls and senior boy cheerleaders.

“There’s a lot of people behind the scenes putting in a lot of effort to make it a successful event, so brace yourself and dance the night away. Get ready, because it’s going to be crazy!” Stated senior, Emily Jones.