Cheap Dates: Tacky or Cute?

During these hard economic times, many couples don’t have enough money to splurge on expensive dates and are forced to turn to more budget-friendly sources of entertainment. In fact, couples agreed that cheap dates are more fun and unique, and create a healthier bond.

“I think they are more fun, because my boyfriend Caleb and I make it fun and there are more things to do for free”, stated junior Ashley Cook.

It has been said that low-cost dates are healthier for a relationship because couples don’t have to worry or fight over the price of things.

“Whether we spend money or not, relationships don’t need to be based off money, you should enjoy your partner like I enjoy my Dare-Bear”, Junior Ashley Noder commented.

On the other hand, most couples do enjoy expensive dates every once in a while. Whether they spend a lot of money, or only a little, it is easy to have a good time with ones significant other. Expensive dates include going to the movies, going out to dinner, ice skating, etc.  Many people have different opinions on where they would take their lady or man on a romantic date.

“I take my lady to Strings restaurant. I buy her a nice plate of fettuccini alfredo, and we perform the Lady and the Tramp noodle kiss and complete it with a meat ball; then I  walk her to her door and seal it with a kiss”, Junior Tyler Graves expresses.

Or maybe not even going out to a nice restaurant, but to make it cheap, but cute. A couple good cheap date ideas are, go on a picnic, see a matinee movie, walk at night under the moonlight, watch movies at home, etc. All these ideas can still result in a fun date.

“My idea of a romantic, cheap date would be a table for two on the beach, and candle lit dinner with waves crashing in the back, and he cooks for me with an apron that says ‘kiss the cook’” commented Cook.

In most movies, Hollywood shows what dates are expected to be, such as fancy dining and trips to the movies. Hollywood makes dates look and seem like all dates need to be expensive and fancy in order to be fun. However, this is not true; even cheap, priceless dates can really create a good bond between two people. Cheap dates are even more creative and fun to put together than the ordinary cliché movie type dates.