Scary birdges

There are many scary bridges throughout the world, but one of the scariest is in our own backyard, the Foresthill bridge.  The Foresthill bridge is 730 feet above the river bed and 2,428 feet long, it was built in 1971 by Kawasaki Heavy Industries and opened in 1973.  Some people find this bridge scary while others don’t.

“Yes, it’s a small fear but it’s still there,” Placer junior Nathan Locke stated, “But if XXX can drive off it then I’m not that scared of it.” 

“I understand how people can be a little afraid of heigts, but it’s not that big of a deal,”  junior Alex Marsh adds.  “Ya, I’m a little scared of heigts but who isn’t?”

However, there are other bridges that compare to the foresthill bridge. “One time I was at a family reunion in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and we wanted to go to the river.  We had to cross this bridge, and it was looking pretty sketchy.  As we started to approach it, the wire snapped.  A farrari was on the bridge and it plummeted 200 feet to its demise,” Placer junior Jordan Roper shared.

“While on vacation in Costa Rica I was on a nature hike with my brother.  As we aproached a bridge I saw a Costa Rican man throw a rooster off the bridge.  I was scared to cross the bridge because the man was still standing there,” commented Placer sophtmore Hayden Tucker.

This certain bridge was The Hanging Bridge in Drake Bay, Costa Rica.  The bridge is estimated to be 300 feet long and 100 feet to the river below.  It’s being held up by only wood, rope and bamboo.

There are many ‘scary’ bridges around the Auburn area, including the Foresthill Bridge, Ponderosa bridge, and No Hands bridge. No Hands Bridge is 150 feet above the river floor, while Ponderosa is 170 feet long and about 100 feet tall.