Senior Assassination by Kyler Ransom

Senior assassination has happened in many high schools recently and was attempted at Placer with the Facebook group named “Senior Assassination 2011”, but didn’t quite catch on. 

The Facebook description states: “It’s basically a game. Imagine a wheel, and the person in front of you is your target, and the person behind you is after you. You get someone out by using a squirt gun or water balloon. The game lasts until there is a winner.”  The group currently has 91 members; however, on August 20th at 9:49 pm, the unknown starter of the group released this message:

“It saddens me to say that Senior Assassination cannot happen. There was no involvement, not very many people signed up, and maybe a few asked questions… Oh, and my phone was taken away…”

When interviewing people about the group many said they didn’t even know what it was about.  Owen McCloskey said “I have no idea what the groups about; I just got added on the group.  It has something to do with water balloons though.”

“Senior Assassination getting canceled is the worst thing ever to happen to this school, ever” says Jordan Ropers, who tried to join the Facebook group but was rejected for not being a senior. 

Many people wondered who started the group, but most agreed on Brendan D. Chang. 

“I think Brendan Chang started the assassination group on Facebook” commented Peter Porata, a senior at Placer. “I don’t really know much about the group itself though.”

“The number that sent out the update texts called my personal cell phone. I had saved the number under ‘Assassin Contact’ so I was rather surprised when it was Brendan on the other line,” said one Assassin participant.

“Brendan was trying to get people to join the group. I could see him starting it,” stated Casey Mcarthey, another senior at Placer.

Jordan also heard rumors that Chang started the group on Facebook, but wasn’t sure if they were true or not.

“…It’s just a game that’s on Facebook,” commented Chang when asked about the Facebook group. “I refuse to say anything else.”

After extensive research, it was discovered Chang had taken a computer class, with enough information to teach him to make his own website.

Looking at the Facebook group’s recent comments, Roy Abella stated “I think it’s Brendan Chang.” Aaron Tomashefsky replied, “It is, dude.”

It is safe to say that many people believe that Brendan Chang started the Facebook group and website which can be found at seniorassassination2010.webs.com.