Placer Girls’ Flag Football Inaugural season

Our own Placer High School Girls’ Flag Football team just completed their historical inaugural season for PHS, here’s an overview of how our girls feel.

The flag football girls have worked hard and persevered through a very eventful first season.

Kristen Rice, the left receiver on the team, stated that their first season was a big adventure for the whole team.

“At the start of our season, there was a lot of drama circulating, but our coach made us work it out. After that, we just became a family,” stated senior Kristen Rice.

Withholding 2nd place in the league, and a 6-10 streak, the Placer girls have fought hard for their spot in the league and they’re looking forward to future years of making memories and wins on the team.

These girls have already made a great name for themselves, with only four losses in the league for their first year, other teams should be afraid of our Flag Football team in future years.

Many girls are seriously considering joining the team next year, and Coach Jim Walker is hopeful that the team will have even more power than they did this year.

“We’re on the road to being a wonder team,” stated Flag Football coach Jim Walker.

Campbell Winther, a sophomore at Placer High School, expresses how much she and her teammates have grown throughout the season.

“The first week some of us weren’t even capable of catching the ball,” expressed Winther, “and now other teams who have been working at this for years are afraid of our team.”

This year has had its ups and downs for many of the girls, but all the girls don’t regret their wins or losses throughout the season.

“Practice officially started in June and there was no cut,” explained Winther, “Coach Walker if we truly gave our all and kept showing up for the team and ourselves, we were in.”

Many of the girls barely knew anything before they decided to go to practice in June, and they could barely even follow the happenings of a football game.

“I can follow NFL and High School football games more than I ever could before,” conveyed Rice, “Being on this team has changed my view on football.”

This team has had a lot of memorable games, but a game against Center High School was the most memorable for a lot of the girls.

“We persevered and played our best during the Center game in my opinion,” said Winther, “I feel that I played well during that game.”

The girls have had a hell of a season, and they are looking forward to the next one.