Placer students get a chance to visit Australia

Everything you want to know about World Strides opportunity

G’day mate. How would you like to visit the land “down under”?

Placer students will now have the opportunity to visit Australia by signing up for a 9-day trip with English teacher Ryan Miller.  The trip is being organized through World Strides and will take place June 9th through June 18th, 2025.   The cost will be approximately $5000 not including spending money.

Students who attend the trip will be treated with complementary foods, amazing hotels, and transportation. They will go all across Australia with their very own tour guide and still have time to explore on their own.

The first two days of the trip will be spent traveling to Australia.  Once students arrive they will be given an amazing Australian dinner and get settled into their rooms.

The third day of the trip involves meeting your Australian tour guide, checking into hotels, and eating a good Australian dinner. On day 4 you spend almost the entire day at the Great Barrier Reef After you get to explore the city of Cairns and go on your own for dinner.

The trip can be pretty expensive with an estimated cost of $5,000 not including spending money for souvenirs and items for family.

“A good start for spending money would be roughly 30-40 dollars per day,” said Miller.

There is a limited number of spots on the trip so sign up while you can. “There’s roughly 55 spots available for the trip,” said Miller.

On day 5, students will get to explore the Rain Forestation Park, have a BBQ in the park, get a Pamagirri Aboriginal experience, and end the day with a nice relaxing night at the beach! Day 6 will be the last day in the beautiful city of Cairns. Students will explore the Marlin coast, go travel down the Daintree River, Cape Tribulation Beach, and visit the Cape Tribulation National Park.

Day 7 is a long day of flying to Sydney and going from airport to airport. Day 8 typically is the most eventful day and includes exploring bays, beaches, museums, and a beautiful harbor cruise. Day 9 is a calmer day of sightseeing mountains and wildlife excursions. The last day of the trip is thinking about all the great memories you made and finally seeing your family after hours of flying.

Chloe Reding, a sophomore at Placer High School, is planning on going. Reding is most excited about seeing nature and wildlife but is scared to death about seeing a big spider.

“I’m so stoked to be able to see all of the nature in Australia but if I see a huge spider I’m going home,” Reding said.