Fun things to do in Auburn

Fun hiking trials in Auburn

Story by Amelia Villanueva Crossley, Messenger Staff Writer

Many teenagers in Auburn may find themselves wondering what they can do for fun on a Saturday night in town. Although it is fun to drive around at night listening to music and drinking Dutch Bros, there are some other fun things that you can do in Auburn. 

Out of Order Arcade on Lincoln Way is a fun hangout spot if you want to enjoy some old-fashioned arcade games. In addition to all of their timeless games, you can also enjoy good snacks whilst playing. 

Foothill Bowling is also a entertaining activity for teenagers to do on the weekend. They have pool tables, arcade games, and Marlene’s grill which supplies food to relish as you bowl. Foothill Bowling also has a bowling league if you want to take bowling to the next level. 

Furthermore, ARD park is a family friendly park that has activities for the whole family. Its large park has a jungle gym, basketball court, a gazebo, and lot’s of ground for other activities. ARD’s public pool is a favorite among teenagers, especially during hot summer days when it is nice to cool off. In addition to its two pools, they also have a small water structure for little kids to enjoy.

Moreover, Auburn has a lot of beautiful hiking trails that can be enjoyed year-round. Even if you are a beginning hiker, there are many easy trails with amazing views. Mountain biking is also a popular activity to do in town, and a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity on the trails. If you want a relaxing hike on a spring day, or a fun summer hike down to the river, Auburn has something for everyone.

Additionally, Auburn Axe Throwing is a new business that encourages people to take out their anger on the target during a fun night with friends and family. Auburn Axe issues safety with end grain targets and rubber mats to decrease the bounce back of the ax. If you are new to throwing axes, they offer help to ensure that you learn safely and productively. If axe throwing is not your thing, they also have a dart throwing option and food to enjoy. 

On top of that, The Regal Auburn movie theater is the go-to place to watch all the latest movies. With a selection of many different films to watch, numerous teenagers go there to enjoy the experience. They also have delicious popcorn and sweet treats that you can eat while watching your movie. And for younger kids, they have an arcade game room available with fun driving games and more. 

And finally, The Auburn Fairgrounds hosts tons of fun events for the community year around. During September they host the Auburn Fair, which a variety of high school students attend. With the fun rides and the tasty fair food, the fair is a highly anticipated event. The fairgrounds also hosts smaller festivals, such as the Mandarin Festival. The Auburn Fairground website keeps it up to date on all the happenings of the grounds so stay tuned to attend some fun events.