Placer students respond to national asthma death story

A twenty year old woman died of an asthma attack and her friends pushed her out of the car and drove off, leaving the body on the side of the road, in Georgia near one of the friend’s motor homes.

Twenty year old Taylor Smith was found lying on the side of the road dead. Forensics show that she could have had a possible asthma attack while in a car with her so called friends. Her friend (Marty Gaddis ,thirty eight) included.

Two more men have been arrested for this case and they were well over her age. She was with a fifty one year old man and a twenty five year old man both older than her. The men are charged with the dumping of a dead body.

Some suspected drug use to be connected with this story but nothing has been found.

Taylor’s mother says that she loved everyone. No matter what said Smith. Marty Gaddis has been arrested and more are suspected for the death of Taylor Smith.

Some would wonder why Taylor’s so called friends would do something like this to her. Either they were scared or they could have never truly been her friend, anything is a possibility. It just depends upon how the person may see this situation.

Student at Placer High School Sydney French said, “This decision was bad and rude. Why would anybody do this to someone? I think that her friends weren’t really her friends.”

French also feels that those convicted should go to jail as long as possible for this type of thing.

French also said, “If it were me having an asthma attack I would want my friends to help me. If my friend were to have an asthma attack I would help them in any way possible.” Unlike in Taylor Smith’s condition.

Another student at Placer High School Taylor Heart said, “The thing her friends did were horrible, and awful. It just makes me so angry!”

In addition she thinks that this is such a horrible thing for somebody to do that there is no penalty strong enough said Heart.

In Heart’s opinion if she was having an asthma attack that she would want her friends to help her, take her to the hospital. If her friend was having an asthma attack she would drive them to their house or look for an inhaler said Heart.

In Taylor Smith’s case her friends just left her there and did nothing to help her. Why?

Paul Wright said, “They made a poor decision, a selfish decision.” Wright thinks that the maximum penalty will suite for this type of a case, because they knew what they were doing said Wright.

In Wright’s view if he was having an asthma attack he would want help, everything possible, and, the same with if his friend was having an asthma attack.

Amanda Smith, a sibling of an older brother, finds their decision to be irresponsible and cruel said Smith.

Plus they should get the maximum sentence if possible. In the asthma case of Taylor Smith, this was her opinion.

In a situation of asthma attack Amanda would want her friends to call 911 and drive to the hospital.  And if her friend went into and asthma attack she would call 911, look for an inhaler, and try to calm them down.