Twitter; what is it?

Everyone’s heard of Twitter. The way it work is people who “tweet” can send short messages in 140 characters or less, telling others what they are doing. It’s a small social networking site where you can tell people short blurbs about anything you want. You can type song lyrics or quote something someone said, or you could even do what the site was made to do, tell people what you’re doing.
    “How long did it take, you might ask? 8 1/2 hours. 8 1/2 hours in a studio making music, eating food, watching School of Rock, having a blast.” junior Nicole Brisson “tweeted” this about her band recording their first album. Brisson is a happy member of the site and enjoys the idea of being able to let the world know what she’s doing.
    Twitter can be used anywhere, any time, and any place. You can update your twitter by text or going to the website, twitter.com. You can even buy a Twitter App for your iPhone. Everyone can see what you “tweet” by going to your page, where all of your “tweets” are displayed. You can talk to other people who are on the site by “@ replying” them, or direct messaging them; you can only direct message fellow twitter users if they are “following” you and you are following them. The term following means that you can get other peoples “tweets” to your phone, or your home page on the internet. If you don’t “protect” your tweets anyone can see them, but if you do “protect” them people can still request for permission to see them.
    Anyone can have a twitter. Our president Obama has a twitter, and so do many celebrities. You can even follow news sites, that “tweet” their breaking news, informing people of what is happening in the world.
    There are many mixed opinions about the social networking site, some like it, but others think it’s pointless. Junior Randi Wademan had no problem expressing her opinion.
    “Twitter’s stupid. You just get to randomly update about a bunch of stuff no one cares about.” She says she never has thought about making an account and never will, since she finds it strange that anybody could know where she was at any time. Others love the fact that they have an account, like junior Dustin Cook.
    “It’s a great thing to follow bands and stuff on, and it sometimes helps get my anger out.” Cook likes the fact that he can text his feelings to twitter because it relieves stress. “It helps me relieve stress by letting me say whatever I want whenever I want. It’s kind of like that whole write out a letter and never send it thing, only you send it so people who follow you know how you feel.”

Twitter is a site that everyone has heard of whether its good or bad, but its up to you do decide what you think.