Q & A with Tine Hummel

German exchange student, Tine Hummel, is excited to be here and is a great addition to the Placer High Tennis team.

Q: What do you like most about tennis?

A: I like that your behavior on the court is similar to life situations; you have to fight through something that may be difficult. I also enjoy working on skills and getting better. Tennis has been a passion of mine since I was young. I also love the fight, and I love winning, of course. With tennis, you don’t win as a team, but as a single player.

Q: How long have you been playing tennis?

A: I started playing when I was seven, so about ten years.

Q: Are there any differences between playing here and playing in Germany?

A: Yes there is. There are a lot more people here my age, I like playing after school, and I love Placer team’s spirit. It is a lot more fun to play here.

Q: What do you like most about playing with Placer’s team so far?

A: I like the coaches and how everyone’s working their hardest and as hard as they can. It is always fun being out there after school each day.

Q: What are you looking forward to most about this season?

A: I’m definitely looking forward to the matches. I’m also looking forward to the time with the team and being together with them after school. I have fun playing tennis, because everyone wants to get better. It’s so great to be a part of this team.

Q: What do you like most about Placer/Auburn?

A: I likeAuburnbecause it’s not too big. It’s not that far to get to school everyday, andAuburnis such a cute town with the canyon nearby and everything.

Q: Do you miss being at home at all?
A: Not really, since this year has been so exciting. The football games in the fall at Placer are so exciting, and Christmas is huge inAmerica. New Year’s Eve was exciting as well, and so were the new schedule changes. I think that it will be hard going back, but my friends and family support me. I wouldn’t say I miss them, but they’re kind of here with me.

A: I like Auburn because it’s not too big. It’s not that far to get to school, andAuburnis such a cute town with the canyon nearby and everything.

Q: Placer has been known for being a winning tennis team for years. How do you feel about being part of such a great program?

A: I’m so honored to be a part of it, I’m just so happy everyone accepts me. I’m excited to do my best to contribute to a championship and section winning program. I just want to thank Coach John and Coach Jen for supporting me and accepting me. They taught me a lot. I’m so happy to be here and be a part of this.