Infomercials selling big lately

“But wait, there’s more!” This is a classic line in the world of infomercials. There have been many times one has channel surfed and landed on an infomercial. There is something about these hyper, laughable and energetic commercials some people are simply glued too. They can be fun to watch and the product might be “just what you’re looking for” but are the products, promises, and the people who make infomercials effective?

Junior Allison Alvarez states,” I believe everyone goes for the products that have the best advertisement. For instance look at how well Snuggies advertisement is, and that’s why most people have purchased one. But then again on some of the products the commercial seems way better than the product comes off to be”

Infomercials advertise many types of products that range from exercise equipment, fitness, diet, weight loss, health, beauty, kitchen items, toys, gadgets and more. Infomercials have gained an undeniable reputation at Placer High School.

“A couple years ago, my family had purchased the magic bullet. My mom loves cooking and thought it would be a perfect item. What ever meal we are cooking we still use it to this day” freshman Katelyn Fahey stated.

As many people might agree that these products are worth the money. But there are people who have found out that some don’t work as well as there advertised.

Senior Keith Quinn states “My mom had purchased the sham wow because it came off as very interesting, we tried it and the commercial ended up being way better than the product was. The sham wow does not work at all!”

Over the years, there have been some amazing fitness and exercise equipment advertised on TV infomercials.

Junior Cody Riggs comments “As an athlete, I enjoy using this product because it keeps me toned and keep my endurance at a peak that is unparalleled on and off of the court.”

Most people like watching infomercial products on television because generally they help you save time, or give you a feature that you could have been looking for.

There is now a new faster and more affordable way of buying as seen on TV products. In the Roseville Galleria, for the first time, there is now an As Seen on TV store. This store includes every item that you may purchase on television plus more.

Alvarez states “I prefer the store in the mall. I find it way more convenient to purchase an item. Someone wouldn’t have to wait for the shipping process or pay for it to be mailed, which can be costly.

Statistics show that in 2010 infomercial products such as the Shake Weight, Magic Bullet, Smooth Away, Snuggie, The Body Shaper, The Sham Wow, Chia Pet and Oxy Clean were voted most popular. 2011 is now here, what infomercial products will be the most popular this year?