Weird, strange, and tasty?

Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches to chocolate covered crickets! The usual person would find those probably weird and gross but others find them a great snack or even a delicacy.

In America, there are deep fried Twinkies in the south, spam in Hawaii, and road kill restaurants in the deserts. People tastebuds range far and wide, some people love whipped cream on their milkshakes and others love cookies with cottage cheese.

The less common favorites of weird food are pancakes and ketchup, eggs and spam with white rice, and even chocolate cake with pinto beans.

Some restaurants main courses are spam and others are a full-bodied lamb.

A big hit with many kids now is dipping french fries into ice cream and shakes. The combination of the salt and sweet makes an addicting taste

Many people also get weird food cravings, peanut butter and hamburgers, pickles and chunks of cheddar cheese, M&Ms and sour cream chips.

A notorious restaurant called the “Road Kill Steak House” or “The Road Kill Café” in Florida, Nevada, and Arizona actually sells road kill.

The menu has items like “pickled possum tails” for only $4.99 as an appetizer. If that doesn’t suit you well then there is always the choice of “skidded skunk” for only $7.25.

That is just the start of the food though. The famous “bug lollipops” are some favorite candy for those who like a surprise other than toffee in the center of their pops. There is also scorpion tequila for sale and it’s actually a big hit with some people.

In countries around the world, bugs and rodents are main courses. People eat spiders, caterpillars, larvae, and scorpions daily for protein and other nutrients.

In Korea, a tasty dish is called Sannakji. Its dish is actual live octopuses and people eat them daily. In italy people favor Casu Marzu (rotten cheese) instead of throwing away leftovers.

In other places, people eat monkey brains, duck fetuses, and turtles for cultural and religious purposes. These acts are usually frowned upon here but its all but normal in those countries. China loves its Birds Nest Soup, Japan loves Fugu (puffer fish), Shark is eaten in Iceland, and the best item yet is from Taiwan, Ti-Hoeh-Hoe (Pig’s Blood Cake). It’s a mixture of sticky rice and pork’s blood, topped off with some peanut powder and cilantro. Yum!!!

Its obvious everyone is different and people like different things, but what about Placer High School students?

Sophomores, Tara Randall, Cassidy Kinsella, Sophia Wax, all agree that…

“The weirdest thing we actually like is probably Raw Pie with fruit and avocados.”

A junior, Matt Bigley, said:

“Probably Pig Intestines. I ate them at a friend’s house and it tasted really gross”

Our friendly Placer High teacher, Mrs. Haydon, said:

“Well when I was in Germany, I didn’t know it at the time, but I ate horse. Accidentally!”

Senior, Christina McArthur, says:

“One time I had eel and raw salmon eggs when I was at a sushi restaurant”

Freshmen, Cole Brennan and T.J Devahoy-Farr, say:

“ Probably Snail and dried Squid”