Being different comes with judgement

Ever since we were kids we were told not to judge a book by its cover, but nowadays everyone is acting like its totally okay to judge someone just by their appearance.

People are mostly judged on their physical appearance because it tells people who they really are and some people might not except that.

“The dressing really doesn’t effect me, but some facial piercings really bother me because why do you need a tongue piercing? Honestly I just don’t understand why people want or need them.”  tells freshman Riley Haswell when asked her opinions on the subject.

Changes can be hard to take in, but if your really like that person a different color hair or a different type of style shouldn’t change an opinion on a person.

“No one really treated me different, none of my friends at least” says junior Logan Peabody.

If you are friends with someone and they want to change how they look, is that going to change your opinion on them? No it won’t, unless you are a total asshole.

“I wanted to start dyeing it in 7th grade but I started in 8th grade” Says Brianna Coffer who recently had brightly colored hair.

It takes five minutes to talk to someone and learn some things about one another.  If you don’t talk to them at all you would never know what they are like.  When someone tells a person that they don’t like what their wearing its rude, you can have your own opinion and keep it in your head that is fine, you don’t have to like what everyone does.

“Nothing really it just kinda doesn’t feel good” told Coffer when asked what she would say to someone if they told her that.

Whether it is, a persons religion, the type of music he or she listens to, or the clothes they wear, they should not be judged for simply being an individual.

“Some people told me they didn’t like my pants because they’re tight”  says Peabody.

Someone could look big, tough and strong and come off as “scary” but in reality they could be the complete opposite of that and be kind hearted, and sweet.  You just have to open your eyes and talk to the person.

“I was just weird and different than everyone else” Said Coffer when asked why she thought that some people didn’t talk to her.

Why would anyone judge a person by looks. Everywhere you look, people are being judged by physical appearance. Why do people do it? Why does it matter? Does a physical aspect change how a friendship or a relationship takes place? No, the truth is, it has no effect on a healthy relationship.