Siblings on campus has its ups and downs

Many Students at Placer High School have siblings or relatives that also go to Placer. How do you think those students feel? What do they do when they see their relatives or siblings? Some students hate it, some students love it and some students don’t care.

Emily Geil tells me her feelings on having her sister going to placer too, “Personally I like having my sister on campus because she can drive me places and help me with school and my classes.” Since her sister is two grades ahead of her she can help her because shes already been through it.

But Kayci Hedden is the other way around she is one grade above her brother and cousin, “ I really enjoy having them on campus, its kind of nice to watch them grow up and I can support them at school.” Hedden also adds that “Having my family on campus is so great because I know I can rely on them throughout the rest of my years at Placer.”

We’ve had two point of views, a younger sibling talking about an older sibling, and an older relative talking about their younger relatives. How about a student that has two sisters in the same grade at the same school! Alexis Johnson is a triplet, all of which go to Placer High School, im sure you want to know how she feels well me too! Alexis feels like “Its really cool to have them on campus with me because they can help me with anything I need.”

Geil says that “When I see my sister I usually say hi and talk her about going to lunch or something, and if she sees me she usually tries to embarrass me!” She also adds that “Most People might think that having a sibling at your school could start up conflict, but for me and my sister it doesn’t.” As Geil explains her good relationship with her sister.

With all the good there is to having a relative or sibling on campus there is some bad, Hedden says that “Sometimes my brother will tell my mom everything that happens at school before I get the chance to or the sharing of friends thats a big one.” Since Heddens cousin and brother are only one grade apart some of there friends are also her friends and vise versa.

We all know that siblings fight, we all do it. But we will always love our family no matter what. So does having family members on campus cause conflict or make the whole high school experience better? Johnson and Hedden both think that it infact does make it a great experience.

So if you have a family member on campus give your them a hug, make some lunch plans and enjoy that you have them there with you.