Chivalry is DEAD.. or is it?

I’m sure many of you have heard the saying “chivalry is dead”. This is very typically said by women who think there are no more gentlemen left out their in the world. Even the simple things such as holding the door open, pulling out a chair, or just talking to a woman with respect is becoming more and more uncommon these days.

Perhaps men should show us lady’s a little of what their mama’s taught them. Were not saying to take us out to fancy dinners every night or to bring us flowers and Starbucks every day… even though that would be nice. But a little politeness can go a long way.

Chivalry doesn’t just go one way; ladies can also do the same. The downfall is that men are expected to do all of the hard work or the extra help and it could go one of two ways, the women can either greatly appreciate it or they think that the man is underestimating her by trying to help. So I guess there is no right or wrong answer.

Most women would be glad and thankful about receiving help, unless they are a super feminist. Men should know women are clearly capable of doing things on their own and if they don’t they have some serious issues.

In this generation the problem with males is that they don’t even think about opening doors or asking how your day is going just to be courteous, maybe it is just old fashioned ways. There are many reasons why men just don’t get it. Possibly they think it doesn’t matter anymore or why does it matter if it’s not doing opening a door for my girlfriend. Genius! How do you think you get a girlfriend?!

Also a lot of young men these days talk very disrespectfully to girls and will make a lot of sexual jokes. Just a tip, if the girl doesn’t know your joking that’s a total turn off and a lot of girls don’t like that if it’s offensive. You would think men would want to be smooth and charming but clearly that doesn’t show so much when they say things like that.

I’m not saying that all gentlemen are extinct and gone for good but when you find one don’t be someone who is over controlling and expects to be put on a pedestal because that isn’t chivalry! Chivalry is one of the qualities not a lot of people have, but it’s also one of the best.