Violent music, movies don’t influence criminals

Angry music, angry shows, equals violence?

Violence, All the reporters, parents, and priest have the answer why. Violent media, music, and video games have been one of the favorite reasons why America’s children are being corrupted and resorting to violence and crime. But is this a responsible and logical explanation?

In recent years, the rate of crime has been rising dramatically and the age of those who commit them has been getting younger and younger. Experts and worried parents have been struggling for a logical answer on why this occurring.

Most of them come to the conclusion that the culprit is what their kids are watching and listening to that’s effecting them so greatly.

After considering some facts, it is pretty clear what the real reasons actually are and anyone who says music and media is mainly responsible for crimes, or thinks that their children are so influenced by them is clearly wrong in almost every case.

It is true that music and TV intensify emotions and depending on the song or show, it affects you in the emotions presented.

Listening to heavy metal music can anger you; it releases emotions, watching a violent movie may make you want to live that life but that isn’t all there is to it.

Chaileen Smith agrees and says that “It really depends on the person; how they were raised and their life style is a big part of it. Of course there is anger in media, but it has to be in your mind first.”

It is ultimately up to the person and how they handle their emotions. Everyone is presented with anger, hate, envy, and depression in their life many times. The fact is that it is ultimately depends on a persons own disposition to violence.

More importantly it seems people are too soon to forget that before TV, scary Ozzy Osborne, or rap music, that crime still existed. Violence isn’t brand new. It has been a part of the world since the beginning of time. It may be easy just to point the finger at what seems the scariest or most violent form of entertainment, but that isn’t logical at all.

Even in the bible, when Cain killed his brother Able, he needed no music, television, or video game, to inspire cold blooded murder. It was his own choice.

When some horrible act of violence occurs, it seems as if who to blame is picked by throwing a rock into the crowd of everything that is offensive and whoever it hits is the next scapegoat. Shouldn’t teaching our children how to take personal responsibility of their actions more important than trying to ban the most violent unchristian-like thing?

Furthermore, the American culture to a point celebrates its murders and serial killers. The demands of the bloody pictures, the full story, and pictures of the killers all over TV and magazines makes them almost heroes.

We all know Charles Manson, Osama Bin Laden, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Their crimes have turned them into celebrities. Who doesn’t want to be famous?

It makes more sense that this would push people to commit violence to become infamous more than a song or television show.

A violent culture demands violent entertainment. What came first? Did the entertainment turn America into a crime filled nation? Or did the crime filled nation create the entertainment?

It is simple. The nation was first.

In other countries just like the United States, they watch the same TV, listen to the same music, play the same bloody games, and yet the U.S has the highest gun crimes compared too Japan, Germany, Australia. England, Canada ect.

The only difference with America compared to those other countries is that those countries do no glamorize the violence and over look it like the American society does.

The good guy kills the bad guy. That’s all there needs to be said.

The music and movies is a product of your society. Blaming media is completely illogical when in fact we create it.

In blaming these things, America has taught its children that it’s ok not to be responsible and that nothing is your fault.

Music does not take away or teach empathy.

Ultimately it is the parents, family, or the children who commit the crimes fault. A parent must raise its child well; bad parents make bad kids.

Music, TV, movies, shows, do effect people emotionally and make them want to do something but doesn’t everything in this world create an emotional reaction?

But why is it just kids who we worry about? What about the adults who kill each other? The president who kills the civilians for a “greater good”? What inspires them? Do we care what TV they watched? No. What sense would that make?

The president, adults, and parents influence kids more then any show or song.

What IS taught is that it’s ok to use violence as a solution. It’s not the last resort anymore.

“I think the real problem in media is that violence is so overlooked, We use it as a solution in life too” says Cassidy Kinsella “ Wars, killings, ruling other people, it teaches out kids it’s the answer and no big deal.”

People need to see that in all, there is no right reason to kill, whether it’s in Iraq, Auburn, or Vietnam. Killing is just killing. Parents must teach children this and teach them the right morality.

Americans are so afraid of disorder, when there is no black and white answer for violence then scapegoats and excuses are created for crimes and death. A cop out, lazy, explanation.

Now, everyone is looking into how to prevent violence, but how do you prevent war, crashes, death, depression? America is a free country and with that freedom comes personal responsibility. That’s where the problem and solution lies.

There are more real causes of violence and the fact is that teaching our kids what’s right and wrong is the most important thing, many people own guns and don’t shoot anyone, but there is one person who will. It is up to the person’s knowledge of what’s right and wrong.

Blaming music for violence is like saying it was a bullets fault for a murder. It makes no logical sense. If someone is old enough to own a gun, then he or she should be personally held responsible for what he or she does with that gun.

Anything can be dangerous in the wrong hands, but not in every ones hands. Everything can be taking anyways someone wants. It isn’t the entertainments fault. Violence can be in anyone’s mind, its their decision to act upon it

People can understand fiction compared to reality. This violent entertainment is a representation and view of our real life. There is a demand, we buy it up, eat it up, and then complain?

This culture of violence was created before any song or show of violence. 

Finally, a great musician named Marilyn Manson brought up a point, “Is adult entertainment killing our kids, or is killing our kids entertaining adults?” 

To fix a violent nation, first you must fix yourself.