New lab created to help struggling students

For students who are falling behind in their classes and need some educational aid, help is on the way. This year, Placer High School has created an intervention room to provide extra help for students failing two or more classes.

The new intervention room is located in the foreign language building between Mrs. Munoz and Mrs. Gordon Link’s classrooms.  Six new computers were purchased for student use and funded through the student support account this is funded through donations from parents and the community.

“We just want to make sure to give any opportunity for students to be successful at Placer,” said Kim Barry, Placer High school Vice Principal.

The intervention program will be mandatory for all freshman students who are currently failing two or more classes. For those participating in the program, tutoring in scheduled to take place at lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Questions rise as to whether students will follow through with the program, or not.

“We do think students will show up, but they don’t really have a choice,” Kim Barry said.

“Students should try to have a more positive outlook on the program because it’s there to help students succeed,” said freshman Yasmine Aldrich.

Teachers hope high for students to succeed and only want the best for them. Most agree with the program and hope it goes well because it is worth doing. It only helps better everyone’s education.

Overall, this program is very important and crucial. It is extra help and it’ll help raise their grades.