Apple releases iPhone 5 to mixed reviews from consumers

Apple released the iPhone 5 this month, and it is the fastest, thinnest, and lightest iPhone to date.

Apple, for the most part, completely redesigned the iPhone. It is only 7.6 mm in depth and weighs 112 (g). To achieve success in the down sizing, Apple reduced the size of many components inside the phone.

Apple upgraded the camera’s quality and at the same time reduced its size by 20%. The protective piece on the camera was changed from a layer of glass to a layer of sapphire crystal. Its hardness is second only to diamond in relation to transparent materials. This upgrade will limit the possibilities of scratching or cracking the camera.

The iPhone 5 is the same width as the iPhone 4; however, it is taller (9mm) and has an extra row of icons available. The resolution of the iPhone 5 has also undergone an upgrade.

Apple claims “…it has a pixel density so high your eye can’t distinguish individual pixels.”

The iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD videos, images, words; all of your favorite games look incredibly vivid and lifelike.

Not only has Apple redesigned the iPhone, they also changed the shape of the headphones. For years Apple used the same design, but with the release of their new iPhone comes the release of the new headphones.

It is supposedly “…unlike anything you’ve ever seen or heard.”

Students across campus express their views on the new iPhone.

“In my opinion the coolest aspect of the new iPhone 5 is the headphones that come with it, other then that, it isn’t that much better then the iPhone 4s. The main reason that the iPhone is still popular is the superior app. store. There are better smart phones on the market that people just don’t know about. When another phone company matches Apples’ app. store, the iPhone will meet its demise,” senior Peter Kean said.

Senior Alex Graziano doesn’t believe in this investment. “I believe that the iPhone has become a marketing scheme, there is no innovative technology in the iPhone 5 and Apple has run out of new ideas, this may have something to do with the death of Steve Jobs,” he said.

Whatever your feelings may be of the iPhone 5, it is undeniably a great step in the improvement of smart phones.