Placer’s yearbook comes together

Now that the unofficial deadlines to purchase yearbooks has passed, students are still wondering if they can still get their very own copy of the greatest book on the Hill. The answer is a definite yes, there are still roughly 100 yearbooks left.

“When we signed our contract at the beginning of the school year, we decided to order 700 copies of the yearbook,” said Editor-in-chief Molly Barrett.  “We set the deadline in January because we need to know whether or not we needed to order more books. The cost to order additional books after the deadline is substantially higher.”

If the cost of a book is too high, a down payment can be made to help those on a budget. Down payments can range from $20 to however much one can pay at the time. All payments must be paid in full by the deadline of May 1.

“The down payment is a great idea for those that want a yearbook but can’t afford to pay for one all at once,” stated Barrett.

The yearbook made by the Potpourri staff each year is set to be another great keepsake for the entire student body.

“We have worked really hard on the book this year and I believe that that work has payed off. This is a fantastic book,” commented Barrett. “Once we run out of books no more will be ordered unless you are willing to pay an extremely high cost.”

The yearbook itself is a very costly production for a high school staff to make.

“In past years the majority of books were purchased by students in May and because of the economy we cannot guess how many books we are going to order,” stated yearbook advisor Dan Wilson.

“You really don’t want to miss out on ordering this book, it is really one of a kind,” said Barrett.