Foresthill Bridge to undergo repairs until the year 2014

To ensure the safety of others the Foresthill Bridge will undergo a transformation.

According to “Rocklin and Roseville Today” the work that will be taking place is strengthening the bridge abutments at both ends, installing work platforms on the underside of the bridge; and replacing the pedestrian railing.

The construction on the Foresthill Bridge Seismic Retrofit and Paint Project starting date will be in January 2011 and it will be completed in 2014.

Construction on Foresthill Bridge will most likely leave people frustrated at the setback in traffic. However for some; the traffic hardly seems enough to get mad at.

“Getting to school does not effect me they are doing construction after the rush hour. They start around eight and end after three or four,” stated Senior Alyssa Waldrop.

With every construction delays and traffic are inevitable. Yet for Waldrop this hardly seems like a thorn in her foot.

“The speed is only reduced down to ten to fifteen miles slower,” says Waldrop.

There has been talk about how much money is being invested in this project. This estimated project is about $74.4 million.

“It is a ridicules amount of money for what they want to do. Its crazy that it is going to take four years to complete,” stated Waldrop when hearing of the investment going into the bridge.

Why is construction needed you ask? According to “Foresthill Bridge Renewal” those reasons are not as what we would have suspected.

“The Foresthill Bridge was built in the 1970’s and after a recent assessment, was determined to require a seismic retrofit to improve integrity and performance during a seismic event. The project will also include new paint for the bridge and is estimated to cost $74.4 million ($58.4 + 10% contingency for Construction and $9.7 for Construction Engineering.”

The wait is on, only time will tell how this money invested bridge will turn out.