Pantaleoni to retire after 14 years at Placer

“People have commented on his BBQ skills, but I think what he has brought to campus is the true commitment to the school,” expressed Steve Prather.

Gary Pantaleoni has been our Vice Principal for 14 years and has put the rumor to rest, that he indeed is planning to retire at the end of this year.

He began his career in education 35 years ago starting at a school in Kerman, California which is right outside of Fresno. He began teaching art and coached swimming and wrestling. He stopped coaching wrestling when he had kids but coached swimming for 20 years. He moved into the Athletic Director position and then to the Activities Director but by the time that he left he was a counselor who taught student government (Leadership).

Rikki Uhl was Pantaleoni’s secretary when he began here. At first he was in charge of all disciplinary actions but he now shares that with Kim Barry, our other Vice Principal.

“I think he has done a ton for Placer. He’s been instrumental with our school safety plan and has even been approached by APD to present it because other schools use ours as a model,” stated Mrs. Barry. Pantaleoni has made many changes at our school but one of his most important has been our school’s safety plan. The safety plan is anything and everything related to our evacuation plans how the school reacts to a crisis and local on campus security.

Not only has he helped in the schools crisis plans and evacuation plans but he has changed the school’s day to day safety. For anyone who has been involved in woodworking, welding or a photography class they have experienced first hand Pantaleoni’s hard work.

His whole goal seems to be preparing a student and making sure they have as much knowledge as they need to be successful in their career after high school. He tries to raise kid’s awareness of what is happening around them.

“The thing that is really good about Placer is I feel we prepare students very well and the majority is very successful,” explain Pantaleoni.

Pantaleoni not only brought a safety plan, he also brought to our school many things that students enjoy to this day, such as our Hill Friday BBQs, the leadership class, Every 15 Minutes, the Hall of Fame and much more.

“I for one will miss him a ton,” commented Barry. He is truly a student’s advocate, and will greatly be missed. Placer wishes you the best after y