Placer students share their specific college dreams

College is right around the corner for the seniors at Placer. While it may be frightful, many are excited to move forward and continue on the path to fulfilling their dreams. There are multiple roads students can take to accomplish their goals.

Placer High senior Nicholas Reed applied to California State University, Chico intending to major in entrepreneurial business.

With this degree, and the knowledge he will acquire, Reed wants to open up a motocross training facility inNorthern Californiafor ambitious young racers to come and train.

Reed is very passionate about motocross. Since the age of seven, he has spent countless hours on the track working hard to improve his skills. For example, he said that he would eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on occasion to save money for a new bike.

“Motocross is life. I want to race motocross professionally,” he said.

Marlena Fajardo, senior, wants to go toOregonStateUniversitybecause of their superb science program; she also likes the environment of the university. In addition, she wants to become a part of the school’s marching band. Fajardo has been a part of the band program since the fifth grade, and she wants to continue her passion for music at college.

In addition, Fajardo wants to be a nutritionist, and a personal trainer, and desires to acquire a degree in those fields.

“Eating healthy is important to me, and I’d like to work with big sports name companies like Gatorade,” she explained.

Fajardo also adds that aside from all this, she’d also like to study abroad inJapanbecause of her love of the culture.

Senior Jacob Moman is more interested in taking the military path. He wants to serve his country and become a United States Army Officer. Moman wants to attendCaliforniaStateUniversity,Long Beachbecause the school is a perfect match for his desires, and it offers Reserves Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) Army.

Moman said that going to college, and the ROTC program at the school will help him become a great leader, fulfilling his childhood dream. While it may be challenging, he is ready to take on this task and endure one of the most courageous deeds someone can experience.

“I’ve always wanted to serve my country, and it’s important to me because it’s my life goal,” he said.

These students are just some of the few at Placer that have goals and dreams they wish to achieve after high school.