Spring Break

Story by Tasha Mcgown, Writer

Spring Break, the warm ten days Placer gets off. Everyone looks forward to Spring Break. A time where teenagers have time to see family, relax, catch up or go on vacation. The Placer students embark on some crazy journeys and sometimes see things they’d rather not. Madison Nunez was one of those Placer students, “I was driving in San Francisco and pulled up to the trolley, and when the trolley left there was a naked man behind it.”

Some of Placer students went to Mexico. “It was definitely life changing, working with the children. They definitely appreciated just someone playing with them. We stayed there for a week, we went to two villages each day. Played with them, sang to them, taught them about God. It was nice knowing we let them experience that. 110 people in total went through Sierra Grace Fellowship. There was a lot of Horizon Charter School kids, Colfax kids, Placer students, and graduated kids as well. The tacos were delicious and was definitely a highlight. It is definitely something I encourage other kids to do as well.” Spring break is either a win or loss for different people. You either have a fantastic Spring or a really bad one.

“Over Spring Break, I commenced in several exciting events. Such as, work and shopping, I acquired a new infant to babysit. I also hung out with several of my good friends Emily and you! (Tasha). I went on lots of night time adventures and did lots of hooligan acts. Such as taking Shopping carts and riding them in the Save Mart parking lot. Just being a teenager. I watched lots of Netflix and started watching Supernatural and Kill La Kill” said Sabine Monzon-Hansen

Though Spring Break can be a very fun time for teenagers, it is also a dangerous break. Thus, many of the underage teens will go to parties with alcohol and sometimes even drugs. I will not be putting any of those wild party stories for I do not want to glorify them. “Last year in the four week spring break period, there were 2,000 arrests in Panama City and Daytona to individuals age 15-21.” -Teens and Spring Break; A Dangerous Mix. Spring Break is definitely something you should take extra precaution. There is always fun things to do without the illegal acts that Spring Break lionizes. Such as taking advantage of the nice weather and go on a hike in the Canyon. Or maybe go to ARD Park.